Thursday, October 17, 2013


Amy Lewis

MY GHOST 

I never knew my house was haunted
Until I saw you last night
And you gave me the worst
Fright I’ve ever had.
 
I’ve been tip-toeing around
Ignoring your existence,
Following the path
Of least resistance.
 
Doing nothing
About you
Who lives within me everyday,
About this relationship we have
That I didn’t know existed
Until I saw you yesterday.
 
Pretending that what I see
Is not what I see.
 
Pretending what I feel
Is not what I feel.
 
Pretending what I’m doing
Is not what I’m doing.
 
Pretending that what I’m saying
Is not what I’m saying.
 
Ignorance is bliss
In my haunted house
That I only just
Learned exists
Right here.

Pretending I am someone
That I am not.
 
You visit me.
Always were with me.
To say I know.
I see you.
And you don’t fool me.
 
Ignorance used to be bliss
In my haunted house
That I only just
Learned exists
Right here inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment